14. Mr. ROBINSON
asked the Secretary of State for War the names of the field marshals and general officers in receipt of half-pay for whom provision is made of £29,000 in the estimates for the current year; and the number that are above 60, 65, and 70 years of age, respectively?
§ Sir L. WORTHINGTON-EVANS
I will circulate in the OFFICIAL REPORT a list of field marshals and general officers at present in receipt of half-pay. But the list is constantly changing according as the officers are re-employed or as the general officers retire on retired pay. Five of the officers are between 60 and 65 years of age, two between 65 and 70, and two over 70; the last four are field marshals.
§ Following is the list:
§ Field Marshals:
- Connaught and Strathearn, H.R.H. The Duke of, K.G., K.T., K.P., etc., etc.
- Methuen, The Lord, G.C.B., G.C.M.G., G.C.V.O.
- Allenby, The Viscount, G.C.B., G.C.M.G.
- Robertson, Sir Wm. R., Bt., G.C.B., G.C.M.G., K.C.V.O., D.S.O.
- Godley, Sir Alexander J., G.C.B., K.C.M.G.
- Chetwode, Sir Philip W., Bt., K.C.B., K.C.M.G., D.S.O.
- Asser, Sir J. John, K.C.B., K.C.M.G., K.C.V.O.
- Kirkpatrick, Sir George M., K.C.B., K.C.S.I.
- Butler, Sir Richard H. K., K.C.B., K.C.M.G.
- Uniacke, Sir Herbert C. C., K.C.B., K.C.M.G.
- Radcliffe, Sir Percy P. de B., K.C.M.G., C.B., D.S.O.
- Cory, Sir George N., K.B.E., C.B., D.S.O.
- Harvey, R. N., C.B., C.M.G., D.S.O.
- Ruthven, The Lord, C.B., C.M.G., D.S.O.
- Daly, A. C., C.B., C.M.G.
- Farmar, G. J., C.B., C.M.G.
- Ashmore, E. B., C.B., C.M.G., M.V.O.
- Kirwan, B. R., C.B., C.M.G.
- Peck, H. R., C.B., C.M.G., D.S.O.
- Higginson, H. W., C.B., D.S.O.
- Gibb, E., C.B., C.M.G., C.B.E., D.S.O.
- Hollond, S. E., C.B., C.M.G., D.S.O.
- Deedes, C. P., C.B., C.M.G., D.S.O.
- Sandilands, J. W., C.B., C.M.G., D.S.O.
- Maxwell-Scott, W. J., C.B., D.S.O.