§ MR. JOHN DILLON (Mayo, E.)
I beg to ask the First Lord of the Treasury, whether he is now in a position to state when the Second Reading of the Irish Land Bill will be taken; and, whether the Government will support a proposal to refer the Bill to a Grand Committee?
§ MR. J. P. FARRELL
I beg to ask the First Lord of the Treasury, whether it is proposed to take any further Irish Estimates before the Recess; and, if so, can he state on what day?
§ THE FIRST LORD OF THE TREASURY
I cannot state upon what day the Irish Land Bill will be taken. As I have already stated, it will be taken before the Committee stage of the Education Bill and after the Committee stage of the Agricultural Rating Bill. As to the second Question, I am not in a position yet to decide. The Bill will not be taken until after Whitsuntide, and the Irish Estimates will be put down on the Friday of the same week. ["Hear, hear!"]
§ MR. COGHILL (Stoke-upon-Trent)
asked whether the right hon. Gentleman did not think that the Government had sufficient contentious Bills already on hand without adding to them the Irish Land Bill.
§ [No answer was given.]