THE O'CONOR DON
said, that he had a Motion on the Paper with reference to this subject, and as it was impossible now to bring it on, he had to ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer that it might be again postponed. He now found himself in a worse position than he was last week when the matter came on; and he, therefore, ventured to repeat his appeal to the Chancellor of 326 the Exchequer to give him another opportunity for bringing on the Motion. If the right hon. Gentleman would permit him to offer a suggestion, he would ask whether it would be possible for him to bring forward this Bill upon Thursday next? If the right hon. Gentleman could allow him to bring forward the Motion about 11, or half-past, it would be a great convenience, as the Motion was not one which it was desirable to have hanging over, inasmuch as there was a great amount of misrepresentation with regard to the Bill being circulated about the country. It was, therefore, desirable that it should be taken on as early a day as possible.
§ THE CHANCELLOR OF THE EXCHEQUER
said, that he should be happy to give the hon. Member another opportunity of bringing forward his Bill, and that he thought he could promise him either Thursday or Monday next. He gathered from his observations that Thursday would suit him, and, if possible, he should have that day, and if not, Monday.
§ THE O'CONOR DON moved that his Motion be postponed till Thursday.
§ Motion agreed to.